Friday, October 25, 2013

UNDER CONSTRUCTION


I am so excited!  My book is under construction... FINALLY...  I am working with my brilliant editor and I cannot wait to get it released.  It's crazy when you have a dream on the brink of coming true. What a blessing.  I don't know how many of my fellow writers have had the opportunity to get your work published, but I haven't and this is monumental for me.  Besides being a mom, this is the only thing I have ever wanted to do.
Does anyone else ever get so many ideas that you have a hard time keeping them organized?  
I see my stories like movies in my head and I just can't type fast enough... So frustrating!  
I'm not going to give up though.  My goal is to stop playing facebook games so much and find time to meditate, and organize my thoughts.  I know it won't be easy, but I am going to give it my best effort.
Do you all have things you do to find inspiration?  I am always open to suggestions.  I love watching interviews with other writers.  It triggers something in me that makes me want to write.  It is just like behind the scenes parts of DVD's.  So cool.  It just flips my switch.
I actually have three novels in the works at once.  When I get mental working on the same novel...AGAIN... I start on my other one.  That is probably a writers no, no, but I can't help it that is how it works for me.
I heard someone say that you cannot start a story with once upon a time and not have a great story to follow.  I hope that is true.  I did not start mine that way, but I dream of writing a fairy tale one day.  I dream big, but we will see what happens.