Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Writing Process

             
                           
 We are in the edit phase of my manuscript still, but my hope is that someone might benefit from my experiences. 
  I am finding that writing is not something you can force yourself to do, well technically I think you can, but I know for me... I need to be in the mood to write.  I need to be inspired.  I love watching the behind the scenes features from my favorite movies.  I don't know why, but my thinking is that the process of being creative really helps me to find my own.  If I really want to be triggered... I find that any of the "Harry Potter" movies or "Lord of the Rings", or the "Hobbit" really get me going.  I guess because of the fact that they are in my genre range, but nothing does it for me better.
  I'm always curious about what makes other writers write.  It used to be that I wrote the best stuff while laying on the floor of my children's room as they slept.  I would write by nightlight.  Crazy, but true.  Getting time away for that sort of moment seems so impossible now though.  I know I need to make time, but it is hard to justify taking time from my family.  I guess I just need to make time, if I want to be any kind of writer.
  I illustrate too, and I have so many pictures that I thought it might be fun to write children's poetry to go with them, but again... time.  Uh... this isn't easy.  I love it, but it is not easy. I also have a sequel to my first novel, and another novel I started, with a female lead, very supernatural and magical.  I am excited about it.  I have to find time.
  I don't know if any of you deal with physical pain, but I do and it is chronic.  Anyway, I take A LOT of medications.  I clouds my head and sometimes makes it hard to concentrate.  It is a struggle.  So I write for my blogs and I try to keep up some of my skills.  
  I dream of one day having a real office... like one of those converted sheds that look like something out of a fairy tale.  I would love that.  I dare not do it while we are in Arizona though.  Imagine 115 degree weather and your stuck up in a shed.  Not my idea of a good time.  Maybe one day.
  I make a vow right now though that I will get back to my writing, as soon as possible.  I know I have good ideas, and stories to tell, at least I am trying to convince myself that I do.  I've had good feedback so far.  So anyway... Wish me luck!  I wish it for you. Later.